Aging is both a physiological and psychological process. The hormonal changes due to aging make individuals susceptible to various health and wellness issues.
It is important to cope with the health issues adequately to ensure a healthy aging experience. Today, anti-aging treatments are trying to address the health ailments commonly associated with aging in men and women.
In Canadian clinics like Clinique Anti Aging offer a boutique of health and wellness options to fight age-related ailments. Health is being addressed holistically by such treatments.
This article takes you through the common health issues faced due to aging and the treatment options available to treat them.
Let us begin!
Common health issues due to aging
Aging is accompanied by the wear and tear of tissues. The hormonal changes in the body disturb some physiological functions as well.
Some common issues are
- Urinary incontinence
- Loosening of vaginal tissues in women
- Decreased energy levels
- Decreased muscle mass
- Decreased memory
- Loss of libido
Various anti-aging treatments address the physiological and hormonal imbalances in patients.
Anti-aging treatment options
- Hormone therapy: Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy uses hormones that are synthesized from plant extracts. Each patient receives a customized therapy based on their blood test results. They help correct the hormonal imbalance.
- Vaginal tightening: Laser treatment is used to treat the various urogenital syndromes of menopause in women. The laser’s thermal effect on the vaginal mucosa stimulates the synthesis of new collagen resulting in the tightening of the fibers of the vaginal wall.
- LED Phototherapy: It involves the use of light-emitting diodes to treat various skin conditions like acne, inflammation, and flushing. The light energy from LED penetrates the tissue and impacts the cells at the molecular level. For example, violet light helps in diminishing bacteria on the skin, red light stimulates the production of collagen, and yellow light detoxifies the skin.
- Laser snoring treatment: It involves using a laser to heat the airway tissues to tighten the oral mucosa tissue. It helps in keeping the airway open. It reduces snoring thereby improving the sleep quality.
- PRP therapy: Platelet-rich plasma therapy involves using a patient’s plasma to regenerate the skin and stimulate hair regrowth. There are minimal side effects due to using one’s plasma in the treatment.
Addressing health and wellness aspects of aging is of paramount importance for all individuals. Consult an experienced clinician to diagnose your ailment and help you choose the treatment option that suits you the best.